Solved

Custom table not synchronized

• 30 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

I’m working on a custom logical unit.

For a reason that I cannot understand, I’m now facing to a synchronization issue, the model displayed in IFS doesn’t represent the datable model, eg, I added a column, I ran the synchronization. I deleted it and then, I ran the synchronization, but this column still exists in my datatable.

While I was writing my message, I noticed that the “create projection” is currently checked, can that explain my current issue? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by romsar 31 August 2023, 09:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @romsar , if this is Apps 10,  you need to update page layout. then run the reload page configurations.

Kind regards!

Niyomal.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @NiyomalN , that has no effect.

To show you the issue I’m facing : I have created the TEST CF (persistant, string type), it exists in the datatable :

But it doesn’t exist in the view :

Now, this CF is supposed to no longer exists.

I think the following scenario broke the synchronization, and whatever I do, I can no longer run the synchronization : 

1. I unpublished the LU
  2. I deleted a CF, persistant
  3. I created a new CF, read only, but with the exact same same at the persistant one
  4. I ran the synchronization
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I could fix my issue :

1. Unpublish the LU
  2. Disapprove the LU
  3. Run the SQL query DROP TABLE PR_CONTRAT_PROD_OF_HISTO_CLT
  4. COMMIT
  5. Approve the LU
  6. Publish the LU

I don’t know if I could fix my issue diffenrently, but at least, things are now working fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@romsar This is working as designed. Publishing and unpublishing Custom Fields NEVER automatically drops columns or the table. This is to make sure that you don’t accidentally drop information that you might still need. If you want to get rid of these kind of columns you can use the “Remove Unused Custom Data” command. Please note that this will drop all columns if used while the entity is unpublished!