Question

Custom shipment event on rowstate

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

I have a weird issue that I can’t explain.

I have to make an event on SHIPMENT_TAB when the ROWSTATE field takes the Completed value, on an update.

For my tests, I consider a shipment with the Preliminary state, thanks to the contextual menu, I can change the state into Completed and vice versa.

The inconvenience on that, I have noticed that my event doesn’t manage to run. I have then commented the condition on the ROWSTATE field, and strangely, I manage to run the event only when this field takes the Preliminary value, never on the Completed  value… why??

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @romsar ,

Here’s an event and event action I’ve created which sends the email whenever a shipment status goes from preliminary to completed.  These are working in our test environment.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello William.

Thanks for your feedback, but in my case, I don’t need to verify the OLD:ROWSTATE value, but just the NEW:ROWSTATE one.

Have you made some tests with the action type = execute online SQL?

Actually, I would need to display a message to the user, so I use the Client_SYS.add_info function.

So that is the exact context that I have to work on.

Edit : I defined my event this way :

On the event action screen, I defined no particular condition to run the event just to verify if my event can well be ran, which is not the case today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @romsar ,

Unfortunately I do not think you’ll be able to get the Client_SYS.Add_Info working.  In the forums there are many questions and responses to using that API. If you did get it working it would only work using IEE not Aurena.

Information Message (Client_SYS.Add_Info) - This only works in custom events where the event action is triggered against the standard new, modify or remove process … it is the info_ out variable that needs to be handled by the client which makes this possible.

Warning Message (Client_SYS.Add_Warning) - This is currently not supported by the framework.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Actually, I manage to get that pop up (but for a weird reason, the displayed message is truncated, I don’t know why, maybe the message is too long), but still, my issue is I don’t manage to run my event only in the case when rowstate goes from Preliminary to Completed, but on the other side, that works (although this context is excluded)

SQL code I used : 

Client_SYS.add_info('Client', 'Rowstate = &NEW:ROWSTATE');