Question

Custom menu parameters

• 20 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi All,

Is there a possibility to retrieve the data from “System Info” in a Custom Menu type PL/SQL Block ?

I mean this data:

I just want to write a PL/SQL block that collect all this data and pass it to an external program that is going to show all the content in a web page.

Thanks to everyone that can help me.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @luca.puccini 

Do you mean the highlighted information in your attachment, or the data related to that?

Eg: the value of PART_NO column in this case

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @dsj 

Thanks for your question.

Yes I’m interested in retrieving both the data, starting from the Object relations tab. I mean something like the following.

select * from &AO.some_view where some_column_name=’’frmInventory_Part_Ext” ( or some_column_name like “frmInventory_Part_Ext%”)

to collect all the names of the column that are visible on the screen, like the following

ecmbPartNo,

dfsDescription,

dfsPartDescriptionInUse, and so on.

Then, with these names, retrieve also the value of them.

Thanks !!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

HI @luca.puccini 

Starting from LU name: dictionary_sys_tab, next view_name: dictionary_sys_view_tab(relation lu_name - lu_name) and ending with user_tab_columns(relation view_name - table_name).

I suppose it helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @luca.puccini 

Starting from LU name: dictionary_sys_tab, next view_name: dictionary_sys_view_tab(relation lu_name - lu_name) and ending with user_tab_columns(relation view_name - table_name).

I suppose it helps.

Hello @knepiosko 

Unfortunately I don’t have access to the tables, only to the views. Apart from that (it is possible to search which views depends on the table and then look at them) I discovered two usefull views that can help me. One shows the key of the view and the other shows all the columns of the view. With these two I can create a dynamic sql command that can retrieve the specific row in the view.

Now my problem is to retrieve which columns are put on the screen of the specific user, in other words my first question. Is it possible to know where is stored that specific data ?

Thanks !!