Solved

Custom Menu acce

• 18 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Good morning, I wonder if you can refresh my memory on the following:

I have created a custom menu on the Sales Quotation Line and Sales Quotation Lines so that the user can RMB and Approve Sales Quotation Lines, ( note:  this updates 3 custom fields user_id, date_approved and approved_yn).  (PL/SQL Code)

My question is how can I grant this RMB to a select group of users?

Many Thanks

John

icon

Best answer by RutJWhalen 18 January 2021, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Found it, Custom Objects >  Manage Grants

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @johnw66 

Could you kindly check post : 

Hope it will help :)

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Yasas_AK Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately it is not restriction/granting the creation of Custom Menus it is access to one that is created, see below from Sales Quotation:

The RMB is ‘Approve Quotation Line’

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @johnw66,
Did you check or ensure that this specific user doesn’t gain additional administrative permission via other means (a permission set from a group or via system privileges) ?
If you want to disable the ability kindly test with a new user with only the basic permissions,

Another area to review is ensuring that the users don’t have access to the database objects which creates, modify and remove information in the LU you want to leave in read only (grey out).

This is an example for Customer_Pricelist_API, check the same for yours. I am not sure if this is what you were searching for since the initial query and next requirement seems to be different. But hope the info may help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

John,

Usually Custom Menu’s inherit the presentation object that they are created on. This can be manually tweaked by creating a custom presenation object and using this to control the grants per permission set.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Mike.Hollifield 

Mike thank you for your reply, 

So in my case the custom menu uses: tbwOrderQuotationLine 

Therefore is it a case of duplicating the tbwOrderQuotationLine presentation object and saving it to tbwMyNewPermission set. 

Then using copy object/paste object to copy in the Database Objects and Dependencies.

Then it’s just a case of creating a User Permission Set and granting the Presentation Object.  

Finally, assigning required users to the Permission Set 

Thanks

John

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

John,

You can just create a new presentation object with a name that makes sense.

Or example - JohnsCustomMenu

The custom menu can then be assigned against this PO and you can work on whatever relevant permission sets to include this PO - Probably as a functional role.

For users to see the custom menu they would need the relevant functional role granting access to the presentation object securing the Custom Menu.