Question

Custom Logical Unit (Row Level Security)

• 17 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have been requested to set up a simple custom page with a table that users can enter their Employee ID and some notes.  The user should only see their own entries, but managers should be able to see entries by all staff that report to them.

Is there any way I can apply row level security to the Custom Logical Unit view?  Ideally I would like the use the HR position access logic that filters views such as COMPANY_PERSON_ALL (User_Access_API.Is_User_Available_Emp_No)

I have investigated using a Filter on a Custom Projection for use in Aurena, but can’t find a way to set up a filter that will allow me to filter on Employee ID.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Scott

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @s-oflaherty,

If you went through the code of User_Access_API.Is_User_Available_Emp_No DB function, you might note that apart from standard employee position based information, other LU related information are fetched from selected set of tables (ex: access_role_item_tab). So if you can insert your custom LU records there relevant to your required access (technically/functionally), then I guess you could utilize the same function call for your custom LUs as well. Just an idea..

Badge +2

Hi Nalaka,

Thanks for this.  In the end we decided to ask IFS about a customisation for this case.

many thanks,

Scott