Solved

Custom Field Help

• 17 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

On IFS Cloud, I am currently attempting to take a custom field I created, and populated with data, on the CustomerInfo entity, and have that appear on the Lead - CRM as well as the Opportunity - CRM page. I have attempted to create custom attributes for the BusinessLead/BusinessOpportunity entity that references the custom field I created for CustomerInfo, which, using page designer, appears on the page, but sadly it does not populate with any data. 

I have also created a projection that takes the CustomerInfo/BusinessLead entities and maps them together by the CustomerID, but doing so does not help as this new Projection is not tied into the BusinessLead page. In the Configure standard projection page, I cannot search for the CustomerInfo entity, to tie it to the BusinessLead entity, as it does not appear.

How exactly can you pull a custom field into a page that has a different entity?

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 10 April 2023, 21:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

For anyone who needs help with this, you can either link two entities together via query designer and add that query link to a projection configuration where you link both entities together in the projection, or you can create a reference custom field by setting the field type to Read Only and using a select, reference, or expression implementation type.

Creating individual reference custom fields is better if you only care about one or two fields, but linking the entities together is better for adding to lists and displaying larger amounts of information (which you wont really ever need to do)