Question

Custom Event on product structure - select an operation no

• 26 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

I have no solution to fulfil the following request : on the product structure screen, the user needs to select an operation number on the grid field. For that, the user presses the F8 key to get a list of operation numbers. 

The request would be to prevent the user to select an operation with either a revision number or an alternate different from the header (so from the PROD_STRUCTURE_HEAD SQL view).

My issue is : how can I know what revision + alternate + operation number is selected, in the case that I can have a same operation but different revisions / alternates? like on this screenshot :

I have thought to make a custom pop-up but that’s not technically possible, so I’m out of idea.

What can I do?

Also, the user can have the possibility to use the keyboard to fill the operation number field : is that possible to prevent such an action?

Thanks

PS : we have IFS 10 UPD 5

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @romsar 

Well what you are requesting is a filter to the LOV which cannot be done from configurations. You will need to go for a customization to change it from the code. 

The only workaround that comes to my mind at this point is creating an event to check the header revision and alternate values and prevent the user from inserting/updating the record with an error message until they select the correct operation number. With this solution you do not have to worry if they use the keyboard or not as it will always validate the operation no that the user it trying to enter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@romsar After an operation number is assigned to the material line in the product structure, looking in the view PRODUCT_STRUCTURE I do not see a connection between the operation number inserted into this field and any specific routing revision/alternate. As one can simply type in an operation number (e.g., 44), the system just validates that an operation 44 exists on some routing alternate. So it does not matter which revision/alternate is selected from the LOV, it’s just a number when done.

Validation occurs, though, when the shop order is created. For the routing revision in effect for the shop order, the system validates that for any op-connected material lines a corresponding operation number exists. If not, the operation number field is blank on the shop order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@romsar After an operation number is assigned to the material line in the product structure, looking in the view PRODUCT_STRUCTURE I do not see a connection between the operation number inserted into this field and any specific routing revision/alternate. As one can simply type in an operation number (e.g., 44), the system just validates that an operation 44 exists on some routing alternate. So it does not matter which revision/alternate is selected from the LOV, it’s just a number when done.

Validation occurs, though, when the shop order is created. For the routing revision in effect for the shop order, the system validates that for any op-connected material lines a corresponding operation number exists. If not, the operation number field is blank on the shop order.

Thanks for explaining the functional side of this. If a validation already exists and if no connection exists between these fields I believe we do not need to worry about this at all.