Solved

Custom Event on HISTORY_LOG_TAB

• 19 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello!

---Applications 9

---History Logging Enabled for a number of tables.

Today I have created an Event against the HISTORY_LOG_TAB. As soon as the event is enabled records stopped being created by history logging. Disable the event and the history logging begins working as expected.

Anyone came across this before?

Thanks,

Jamie

icon

Best answer by knepiosko 25 January 2022, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Could depend on how your event is configured.

If you set it to run BEFORE the write to the table, you could then prevent it from completing the write, depending on what you event/action was defined to do.

Nick

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Nick. Thanks for the response. 

the event is set to trigger after a new record is created. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Could there be some sort of failsafe against recursive effects? If your event does something that writes to a table with history logging turned on, your event could cause an infinite loop, no? Not sure how IFS would know that, though, unless Oracle has built-in circular reference checks.

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Joe,

I did think they initially, however I checked this by creating a custom LU and updating that instead. Custom LU didn’t have logging on and still the same issue ☹️

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I am having the same issue so I’m also interested if someone has a solution for this :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @MitJamieB 

Please check predefined event: HISTORY_LOG_MODIFIED. Try this achive your goal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

“After” triggers will still cause the whole transaction to fail if something goes wrong. If you feel comfortable posting your event action code, we might be able to help you more.