Question

Custom event "Mail address 'To' field is not specified"

• 11 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi All.

Could someone help with this issue? APPs10UPD17, I have a couple of custom events type e-mail, plsql block and some times the system works fine and sometimes not.

This is the message I get in Notifications:

Mail address 'To' field is not specified

I thought the problem was in the custom event but I realized that it happens with other events too.

I’m getting the same error even with Foundation cleanup process.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @lopespetro 

From the screenshots, it is clear and evident that the same custom event is working for some cases and it is not working for some cases. The reason for this could be that you are fetching an email id, in the TO address field for the event “Checklist de equipmentos”  where the email id fetched is blank for some the users. 

Check if a Default email is setup based on what you are fetching. This is a data issue where in the user/person do not have a default email id updated in the records. 

Check for all such users/persons and update one default email id .

Regards

Vivek

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @lopespetro 

From the screenshots, it is clear and evident that the same custom event is working for some cases and it is not working for some cases. The reason for this could be that you are fetching an email id, in the TO address field for the event “Checklist de equipmentos”  where the email id fetched is blank for some the users. 

Check if a Default email is setup based on what you are fetching. This is a data issue where in the user/person do not have a default email id updated in the records. 

Check for all such users/persons and update one default email id .

Regards

Vivek

Hi @VivekBhandiwad , tks for the info.

In this custom event, the TO e-mail is a list based on an answer of the eform, look the screenshot bellow, the same user has filled out the same eform and one worked and the other not.

Also, others events are the same behavior and cleaning foundation as well as I mentioned previously.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@lopespetro I’ve also encountered this issue when the system couldn’t get the email address for the userid as @VivekBhandiwad suggested.

Could you include some screenshots of your custom event action? To see how you’re fetching the email address. It’s very unlikely that the process works only sometimes. There must be something that’s different in the dataset that’s beeing used.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@lopespetro I’ve also encountered this issue when the system couldn’t get the email address for the userid as @VivekBhandiwad suggested.

Could you include some screenshots of your custom event action? To see how you’re fetching the email address. It’s very unlikely that the process works only sometimes. There must be something that’s different in the dataset that’s beeing used.

Hi @Marcel.Ausan , The To e-mail, get from a custom list based on two option in a multiple answer choice question.

List of e-mails:

E.g. yesterday, this user has answered 2 checklist and one worked and the other not. It should have worked since the list of e-mails is the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@lopespetro in order to troubleshoot this, I would also include the cf$_to_mail in the email body. That way you could see/read what value is fetched in the Failed Application Message.

Then you could compare the email body for Finished vs FAiled app messages. And I bet there will be something wrong with the value of cf$_to_mail in the Failed app message 😀.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@lopespetro in order to troubleshoot this, I would also include the cf$_to_mail in the email body. That way you could see/read what value is fetched in the Failed Application Message.

Then you could compare the email body for Finished vs FAiled app messages. And I bet there will be something wrong with the value of cf$_to_mail in the Failed app message 😀.

Alright, @Marcel.Ausan . I’m doing some tests and will do this to check it out. Tks for the tips and let you know as I get it working.

Br. 

Lopes