Solved

Custom event Error translation

• 16 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello Everyone , 

Is the framework able to pick translation terms from a Custom event action of type PL\SQL ?

Example : 

BEGIN

Error_SYS.Record_General('CustomerOrder','MYERRORTXT: My translatable Text  ' );

END;

What would be the translatable item path ?

Thank you , 

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Dumeesha Wanigarathna 17 August 2021, 09:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Simon L. ,

I doubt whether this is possible with language text translation facility. I checked the language text translation for the event and event actions and couldn’t find any clue. I would like to suggest a workaround until you get a definite answer for the raised question may be from another person.

You can try to get the session language and then add the error depending on that. See below. This will be useful when there’s no many number of translations to handle

BEGIN
IF Fnd_Session_API.Get_Language = 'en'
Error_SYS.Appl_General('CustomerOrderLine', 'WARNING: This is a warning message.');
END;

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Simon L. ,

I doubt whether this is possible with language text translation facility. I checked the language text translation for the event and event actions and couldn’t find any clue. I would like to suggest a workaround until you get a definite answer for the raised question may be from another person.

You can try to get the session language and then add the error depending on that. See below. This will be useful when there’s no many number of translations to handle

BEGIN
IF Fnd_Session_API.Get_Language = 'en'
Error_SYS.Appl_General('CustomerOrderLine', 'WARNING: This is a warning message.');
END;

Thank you @Dumeesha Wanigarathna .

Considering the limitation of the translation framework , this is a really good alternative.