Question

Crystal Setup Error - Could not load file or assembly

• 23 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

I have followed the steps to create and configure the Crystal and IIS setup that includes:

• Oracle client (64bit) installed
  • C++ Installed – 2008 -> 2012
  • Added roles/features to IIS

However, upon testing, we are receiving an error as shown below:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Source Error:

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\IFSCRWebSetup\web.config    Line: 32

Line 30:     <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5.2">
Line 31: <assemblies>
Line 32: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
Line 33: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
Line 34: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' could not be loaded.

​ I know there is a community article on this, however it is not clear from this how to resolve. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SHAUN_KERSLAKE,

Did you installed the 64bit Crystal runtime version as part of configuring the service? The error suggests that it’s not able to locate the CR libraries. 

Please refer to https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/default.htm for the exact requirements.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Sajith D  Yes the 64bit Crystal Web Service was downloaded from the add-ons page as advised and installed on the server along with the Crystal Runtime Files.

I believe all pre-reqs were followed as advised.

The following article exists on the community site:

Error: "Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=X, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Y' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified" | IFS Community

But the instructions to resolve are not clear and easy to follow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SHAUN_KERSLAKE ,

Have you tried doing a reboot of the VM to see whether it helps? No real logic behind it but i’ve had couple instances in the past where strange issues with the CRWS after the initial install going away with a reboot. 

Cheers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Sajith D I have performed numerous re-starts of the server with no success i’m afraid!