Solved

Crystal Report / No PDF report returned from CWS

• 19 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Dear IFS experts,

I created a copy of an existing report in our IFS server, please see screenshot below. 

The original report is called “5 Inv Plan Consolidated” and the copied report was renamed “5 Inv Plan Consolidated FRANCE”.

I made simple modifications to the copied report  “5 Inv Plan Consolidated FRANCE”.

Then I setup the report in the Report Definitions window

Then when I tried to print/preview with this new layout I get the well know error (please see screenshot below)

However if I used the same options (Language/date format) and change the layout to the original layout “5 Inv Plan Consolidated” I CAN print/preview without any troubles.

Obviously this is not related to our setup of CWS because the issue is layout specific. However I have created a copy of an existing layout that works and I have only modified some text in the layout. I am really confused about this. I have to confess I am not a Crystal Report expert, but again I have only copied a file that is working so it should keep al the settings of the original one. 

your advise will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 19 August 2021, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It would require to collect the crystal logs and see what the real error is. Do the following steps to enable crystal debug logs and collect it. Hopefully it will give you the reason but if not, share here the error reported in the logs. 

Make sure you grant write access to the log location for IIS_IUSRS windows user groups, otherwise logs will be empty (with some standard texts) even if you enable that with debug. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/default.htm#CWS_Logs

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Rusiru Dharmadasa thank you, I am seeking internal support to have the logs setup. I will get back to you once I have been able to review the logs.

Many thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Rusiru Dharmadasa , we checked the logs and managed to solve the issue, many thanks