Question

Creating "Miscellaneous Resource Allocation" in IFS Cloud through API

• 3 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, we are trying to create “Miscellaneous Resource Allocation” in IFS Cloud through integration. I’ve been browsing the API Explorer to find the relevant API that would support it, but I’m trying to find a needle in the haystack.

I’m hoping somebody in the IFS Community has a similar use case and that can point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

Kind regards

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can find the projection name MiscellaneousResourceAllocationsHandling in the “Page info” tab in the debug console if you are in that window.

From API Doc opened from API Explorer you get this endpoint:

MiscellaneousResourceAllocationsHandling.svc/MiscResourceAllocationSet

With this example payload:

{
"ResourceSeq": 1,
"Description": "It is a Text",
"AllocationStart": "2019-10-01T01:01:01Z",
"AllocationEnd": "2019-10-01T01:01:01Z",
"MiscAllocationCategory": "It is a Text",
"ResourceId": "It is a Text",
"ResourceType": "MACHINE",
"ValidServiceResource": true
}

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you very much Tomas for your reply.

Is it possible that this API was added in a recent version on IFS Cloud? I believe we are currently running 21R2. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, this window does only exist in later versions. I didn’t find it in 21R2 so I had to go into an environment with  22R1 and there it existed.

How did you find that name? Is it another window you want to add information in in 21R2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Also found this in release update notification for 22R1, so it is new in 22R1:

IFS Cloud 22R1 - What's New in Projects - This 35-minute long webcast provides an overview of What's New in several areas of IFS Cloud 22R1 version including new miscellaneous resource allocations capabilities, multi-company project reporting rules added, Microsoft Project Professional integration added and schedule of work enhancements. https://www.gotostage.com/channel/4c8b006abd3344ea9a62605ba7c00c31/recording/268c42bb29ed4dd6866bf87c0fa11691/watch

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-cloud-version-updates-197/ifs-cloud-22r1-what-s-new-in-projects-presentation-20443