Solved

Creating a Checkbox Custom Field

• 3 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to create a persistent custom field checkbox (boolean) to be used for a report layout. for some reason I cannot finish the final step of adding the custom enumeration. The view does not show anything and the search is also disabled. Following the documentation, I should be able to add our custom enumeration from here. Other formats such as Normal and Multi work fine, but boolean does not. Is there something I’m missing to proceed?

icon

Best answer by Randini Jayasundara 3 September 2021, 13:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Renz Razon 

Below post might be helpful. Please go through the last reply of that post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Renz Razon ,

Do you/ your user have access to the Custom Enumeration screen in IFS, and populate value in that window ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Renz Razon 

Below post might be helpful. Please go through the last reply of that post.

Hello @Randini Jayasundara ,

Unfortunately, no. I have not created the Check box Custom Field yet, but I will likely reference to this link you mentioned as I would need to reference this checkbox as a condition on other custom fields. So still, Thank you for that. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Renz Razon ,

Do you/ your user have access to the Custom Enumeration screen in IFS, and populate value in that window ?

Thanks,

Hi @ThushAsanka ,

Yes, i do have access to all the objects in this view with the IFS_ALL permission. I’m able to use and populate on the Normal and Multi format options. It is just this Boolean that does not show any result.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Renz Razon 

Do you have access to below thread?

Please check whether you have access to CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV view.

Copying the answer given by Chamath Dhammearachchi in above thread in case you do not have access to it.

<extract start>

Answer

Basically, this is happening because of not having access to "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" view. When we creating a persistent custom field selecting Enumeration, the dialog that appears after clicking Enumeration LOV gets populated with the data from the "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" view. Therefore, we have to grant permission to the user to access the "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV".

Steps to grant permission

1) Load the user.

2) Go to “Permission Set” -> View/Edit Permission Set.

3) Then go to Database Objects tab and search for "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" in 'Find Database Objects'.

4) Tick the "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" which is under Ifs Custom Objects -> CustomEnumerations.

5) Finally refresh the Security Cache and restart the application.

<extract end>

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Renz Razon 

Do you have access to below thread?

Please check whether you have access to CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV view.

Copying the answer given by Chamath Dhammearachchi in above thread in case you do not have access to it.

<extract start>

Answer

Basically, this is happening because of not having access to "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" view. When we creating a persistent custom field selecting Enumeration, the dialog that appears after clicking Enumeration LOV gets populated with the data from the "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" view. Therefore, we have to grant permission to the user to access the "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV".

Steps to grant permission

1) Load the user.

2) Go to “Permission Set” -> View/Edit Permission Set.

3) Then go to Database Objects tab and search for "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" in 'Find Database Objects'.

4) Tick the "CUSTOM_FIELD_ENUM_CHECKBOX_LOV" which is under Ifs Custom Objects -> CustomEnumerations.

5) Finally refresh the Security Cache and restart the application.

<extract end>

Hello @Randini Jayasundara ,

It works perfectly now. :grin: Thank you so much for this. It was missing from the all permission set. 

Also, Thank you as well @ThushAsanka . You were right, it was just missing access. I was completely looking at the wrong place. 

Many Thanks,

Renz