Question

Create Project Root Error?

• 12 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I tried to create project root using _create_project_root.cmd found at BUILD_HOME\source folder.

It created project_root\client\runtime folder and copied 508 files, then showed “Stop _create_project_root Error!” on CMD window.

Did I get an error? If so, how can I investigate the error?

Thank you.

Kazu

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Sorry. I didn’t include and\bin and java\bin in my PATH environment variable before executing the command. I tried again after PATH settings, then the create project root succeeded without any error.

Kazu

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Kazu,

We are having issues creating the project root. The script stops with the following error.

Creating C:\\Project_root\
ant create-project-root -Dws.dist="C:\Users\nkadam\Documents\IFS\Build ZHome\build_home\server\dist" -Djavaruntime="C:\Users\nkadam\Documents\IFS\Build ZHome\build_home\server\javaruntime" -Dproject.root="C:\\Project_root\"
Buildfile: C:\Users\nkadam\Documents\IFS\Build ZHome\build_home\build\build.xml
  [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml. It could not be found.

Do you have any suggestion that might help us? Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
I'm not an expert of Ant, so I'm not sure the exact reason of your problem.
But, from the error message, it seems to be related to Ant lib. "antlib.xml" is included in ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar file that can be found ant\lib folder. As it was not found in PATH of your executing environment, it is good to review PATH environment variable when you execute "create project root". It needs to include ant\bin and java\bin paths in your PATH variable. And, of course, they can be found in "Tools" folder included in FNDBAS component or you can get them by executing build.cmd in BUILD_HOME\build folder.
I hope this will help you.
Kazu

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you Kazu.

Do you have any documentation that describes the step by step for project root creation. I have tried requesting it from IFS and am waiting for the to get back with something.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
No, I don't have such documentation. What I do for creating project root is as below:
(1) Open a command prompt and go to (change directory) BUILD_HOME\source
(2) set PATH = %PATH%;c:\tools\java\bin;c:\tools\ant\bin (add bin directories of java and ant to PATH environment variable)
(3) _create_project_root.cmd
That's all.

I think there is a description about how to create project root in Technical Documentation, but it is hard to find and only small description can be found.

Best regards,
Kazu