Question

Could you please tell me how to create a .mkd file. [IFS CLoud]

• 22 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Could you please tell me how to create a .mkd file.
Is there an easy way to create a .mkd file to register data using Test-A-Rest?

Also could you please tell me the difference of md file and mkd file?
The following F1 document mentions .mk and .mkd files, I did not understand the difference.
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/047_lifecycle/050_working_with_environments/030_test_data/

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,
I wondering on same questions as you in question, maybe you will like to subscribe, I hope someone give me some useful informations soon…

I analysied files in TAR tool (folders samples, templates) and data in module INTTST, where is many files.

It seems to *.md are only samples and *.mkd are test scripts, but I think it’s only naming convence and functionality not depends on it, becuase TestARest.exe will give me always same output, no depend on file extension.

Posts that could interest you:

BR

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @InfFilipV

Thanks for the reply.
Your topic was exactly what we wanted to appeal to!
I would like to follow your topic.

IFS Cloud - How to export test data | IFS Community

Best regards,

Badge

Just adding the little to the conversion.

Test-a-rest uses the Markdown format and treats .md or .mkd extensions the same. If I remember correctly IFS Developer Studio requires the extension to be .mkd. The idea to use markdown is to combine documentation of the test and the actual test commands into the same file.

The overall structure in the .md/.mkd file is:

## Optional markdown stuff to document the test

Note the three backtics (and cs) before and after. These backtics are  used in markdown to surround code blocks. Test-A-Rest executes the code inside these blocks

```cs

Test-a-Rest code in here

```

### More Optional markdown stuff

Inside the ```cs block you write the commands eg

```cs

GET UrlToService INTO aVariable

EVAL 2+2 INTO anotherVariable

PRINT aVariable

POST UrlToAnotherService USING aVariable INTO resultVariable

and so on...

```

UrlToService can be a full URL (or rooted URL), but better is to use the .svc part (eg PartsHandling.svc/Whatever?$filter...

You can do more, eg Post,Patch,Delete, Calculte Expressions, Work with JSON, Call other scripts, Read CSV-files to call scripts etc.

I’ve seen documentation, but I don’t have access.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @HET,
thanks for participation.
Could you please tell me where in Developer Studio is *.mkd files used?
Where did you see that documentation? It was in IFS sharepoint, on WIS, openifs or in some other internal source? was it public for employees?

I was looking for some CRM in Markdown for internal wiki and I found this (Material for MkDocs - Material for MkDocs (squidfunk.github.io)), what looks very similar to new documentation.
So I think that new documentation is made in Markdown on MkDocs platform.
And it looks like only reason to do this scripts in Markdown - it could be part of documentation.

But because there is no syntax checker and TAR pseudo language isn’t real C# (what is meaning of cs in code block section), it seems to me as very stupid idea - I hope much they will change my mind.
Also whole pseudo language is totally uncomplete - eg. loops missing (TAR - Contains, Loops, IFs, False comparison | IFS Community).

Thanks

BR