Question

CopiedFrom i Lobby data source and elements

• 16 February 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

When you design a lobby page, the elements on the page are often very similar. Let’s take a lobby page with different customer order queries as an example. On that page I might want to see counters with numbers of late orders, number of orders that should be delivered today, etc. Optionally, it can be pie diagrams with numbers of orders per region, orders per customer segment or however you want to group your orders. The code behind each one of them is very similar, as well as the navigation path, and other parameters.

Luckily, there is a duplicate button in the development tool. Once you created the first data source, you duplicate it and do a minor adjustment in the where clause. And for elements, it is often only a change of the name and the data source before you are done.

All fine, but out of curiosity… Why do I get a line in my data source / element saying from where it is copied, e.g. like this

<CopiedFrom><a generated guid></CopiedFrom>

Does this have any meaning? What happen if I remove the data source / element that is referred here, will I have a broken link that causes any issues?

Anyone who knows?

Cheers
Mats

0 replies

Be the first to reply!