Question

Consume external web api from IFS

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

We have a requirement to integrate external application with IFS , like we need to consume the external API and expose our web API , the later part i think we can use projections to do that. Please share some examples or ideas.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

For sure you can invoke external REST- or SOAP-webservices. You can find a description in the IFS Development Guide. But please be aware that this can’t be done in general by configuration. It’s necessary to modify IFS Applications.

But if you don’t need the response of the external web service in the same transaction, then there is a solution with configuration too: You could invoke Boomi via an event action. Boomi could fetch all necessary information from IFS and invoke the external web service. And Boomi could store the response of the external web service in IFS.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @m.arif

As @Heidi says, you could certainly build this “live” integration between your external application and Boomi.  As you may know we have specific connectors for IFS Apps 10 (and IFS Cloud), but also have general connectors for Web Services applications, as well as the ability to create “listeners” so that integrations can be triggered from applications - i.e. from your external app or from IFS - based on an event - e.g. a new or updated record.

If you’d like any further info, please drop me a note at peter.sketch@booomi.com

Peter