Solved

configure Crystal Report XI for IFS9

• 7 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

in our company , we have IFS9, and crystal report XI;

in registry what is the required to add the crystal report RPT file to the system ?

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 8 February 2021, 08:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

If you are using IFS EE then there is no registry entries required, as long as you install the crystal .net runtime for the viewer. You can get it from the Add-on page.

For the crystal web service side, the required registry entries are entered through the crystal web service setup. Any other additional required registry entries to overcome any limitations in the crystal report .net runtime is included in the documentation.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

actually my college tolled me to add \\ in the end of every table name .

and we need to add the value "InvalidAliasCharList"="!(){}" in the registry of crystal report.

but I’m not sure; why we need to add \\ in the end of each table name.

could you explain ?

even after adding the registry; system displayed this error!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The table aliases are only used for Crystal Quick Reports. You don’t have to add them for crystal operational reports. Therefore you don’t need to add it to all reports.

In Crystal Quick Reports, you put the aliases to prevent the prompting of login information to views used in the layout. Hence if you put \ or _A the framework assumes that the view is a schema owner view and if you put \\ or _I the framework assumes that the view is an IAL owner view and automatically set the view login information through the framework respectively. If you do not add the aliases then you will be prompt to enter the view login details.

Crystal doesn’t support the \ and \\ alias by default. That is why you need to add the registry entry.

Yet, as I said, if you are using the Crystal Web Service then the setup will add this registry entry upon installation to the machine where the Crystal Web Service is installed. You don’t need to add this to the client machine where the report is been previewed from. You only need to install. Crystal .net runtime which is in the add-on page.

The above is if you are using IFS EE and Crystal Web Service.

If you are using Centura client, then you need to add the registry entry to the client machine where the report is been previewed from. This is given in the documentation.

Also, you need to add the registry entry to the machine where you have the Crystal Report Designer install to be able to add \ or \\ when designing the layout from the Crystal Report Designer. The entries change from designer version to version. These are also given in the This is given in the documentation.