Question

Companies and Sites based on group

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Can you grant permissions and Companies and Sites based on group membership?  I have like 40 users that need access to a set of companies and sites.  They all belong to the same group.  I cannot figure out how to do this without opening each user and checking the box for the company/site needed…  I want to do it for the group and have it inherit based on that.

If that is not possible, how do you mass update users with a change like this?  if 23 of the 40 users need a specific company and/or site, can I select them all and add them en mass?  Can you select the site and multi-add users? Anything that lets us avoid having to do things one at a time?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The closest you’ll get in the application is the Sites per User view.  Assuming you are in IEE and not Aurena.

Search for the string of users, then enter the sites you want to add, highlight and select the group of sites that go with all of them, then Edit > Copy Object on the group.  Ctrl-Down to the next user, Edit > Paste Object within the list for that user, then Save.  Ctrl-Down to the next user, etc.

If you are doing this in Aurena…..welcome to the land of nothing works good…..

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We need to connect 800 users to a Company and perhaps multiple Sites.

Do we really have to do this 800 times manually in 2023 ?

What about when projects have 20.000 users?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

In IFS10 there is a Batch Create Users screen for this purpose.