Question

Commands and Data Types in Cloud

• 12 February 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community. 

I am working through an upgrade from Apps9 to IFS Cloud and am recreating some of the Custom Menus with Commands. 

I have come across the situation that didnt occur in apps 9, which is the data types in a Window with Transfer type of Menu/Command. 

Here is an example, a custom menu in Apps9 which transferred to Inventory Transaction History, and showed all transaction history associated with that material line, in Apps 9, the source/destination keys were ORDER_NO, RELEASE_NO, SEQUENCE_NO AND LINE_ITEM_NO mapped to SOURCE_REF1, 2,3,4 accordingly. This works fine in Apps9. 

In Cloud (23R1) when attempting to create the same, since the source data type in the Shop Order Material Line is a Number field, and the SOURCE_REF4 column is a String this error appears when attempting to load the Inventory Transactions History list. 

Error details: [{"code":"TYPES_NOT_COMPATIBLE","message":"The types 'Edm.String' and 'Edm.SByte' are not compatible."}]

When looking at the detail in the Search dialog the following appears

SourceRef1 = '2037960' AND SourceRef2 = '*' AND SourceRef3 = '*' AND SourceRef4 = 1

which is correct, as this is what is being transferred, however the last value needs to be enclosed in ‘’ as the Inventory Transactions History wants a string value. 

Is there a way to force this in the Command? i.e. can we do a to_string or similar conversion or a do I need to create a custom attribute in the entity that does the conversion, and use that in the Command button? 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!