Solved

Column Ordering and sort behavior in IFS Cloud

• 26 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

How is the column order stored in IFS Cloud? 

Previously it was part of the profile, it doesn't seem to be the same now in cloud, not even with context.

And same question for bookmarks, how the bookmarks get order?

kind regards,

Teeni. 

icon

Best answer by Charana Udugama 27 October 2022, 22:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Teeni Abeysekara ,

Column order is set by the Page Designer. You can open it from here 

And then you can drag and drop to arrange columns 

I hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Charana

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Charana Udugama 
Hi Charana, 
Thank you for the answer. I used page designer and changed the order of columns, but I cannot see that order correctly in the page. Are there any limitations?  like this is working only for overview screen? 
(fyi, I tried this for customer order page/ lines TAB)

Also I would like to ask another question. Do you know how to change the bookmarks order as we wish?

kind regards,

Teeni. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Teeni Abeysekara

I think, if the user has some profile configuration, this order will get messed up. Please check out this topic Column Ordering and sort behavior in Aurena | IFS Community. I think, the explanation is there.

Can you show me some of the bookmarks that you are talking about, so that I have an understanding of the issue? 

Best Regards,
Charana

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Charana Udugama ,
Thank you for the response. 
Yes, you are correct. Last Friday I found out that column order is messed up due to profile configuration. 
Regarding bookmarks, I found out the answer to my previous question. :)
My next question is, can we import and export bookmarks for a user group. 
I know it is possible to export and import bookmarks for individual user profiles, but when there are more number of users, is there an easy way to do this? like we can use page configurations for set of users using context mapping.
I read below post from Yasas, according to that I think it is not possible for a user group.  

kind regards,

Teeni.