Question

Collective Invoice Document Text from Shipment Header

• 22 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

We have written a function that will create a list of orders as document text on the shipment header with a document text output type that allows printing on “Customer Debit Invoices” and “Customer Credit Invoices”. We thought that if we mirrored the setup of other  document output types that print on invoices that simply adding document text to the header of the shipment with order details etc, would print. This is not the case. The collective invoice is only pulling in document text that has been specified on the customer order it seems. Is there something different that I’m missing as to why it won’t pull in document text from the shipment header into a collective invoice?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Anna

Which version of IFS Apps do you have?

The Collective Invoice is a different report from the normal Customer Order Invoice.  I checked the Document Text admin area and I do not see Collective Invoice in the documents listed, suggesting that it does not accept document text.  Someone else may know better than I do.

If that is the case, then to be honest an easier solution is to create a custom read-only field that assembles the data into a string at the shipment level; then add this to the report using Report Designer - no coding necessary.  Or instead of a read-only field you could implement a persistent field and put the data into that, given that you have already created the function.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Same question: Which version of IFS Apps?

I had a look at the source code for the Collective Invoice in Apps10UPD8 and in fact it does collect Document Texts from various places, including the Shipment header. If you check your resulting report XML data, there should be a section called SHIPMENT_DOC_TEXTS.

As Paul said, in Document Text Administration / Documents the Collective Invoice is not listed, but the report source code tells me the system considers Document ID’s 4 (Customer Order Debit Invoice) and 5 (Customer Order Credit Invoice and Customer Order Correction Invoice), so make sure you use an Output Type connected to these Document ID’s.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We are using Apps9 at the moment, but upgrading to 10 soon. Thank you for your suggestions! We’re just confused that the document text connected to the customer orders tied to a shipment, still shows up on the collective invoice but the document text attached to the header of the shipment does not. Great suggestions though. If we can’t get it to work as a document text output we will probably try a read only field so we can pull it into our reports.