Question

Cloud - Lobby Grants

• 18 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Is there a screen or way of seeing which Lobbies have been granted to which permission sets in Cloud 23R2?

If not possible via the screen, is someone able to provide the SQL to query this from the database please?

In Apps 10 EE, you would be able to RMB->Show Grantees to see what permission sets had been granted that object.

Thanks

Shaun

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Would Permission Set/ Lobby Pages help you?

The path is: Solution Manager/ Users and Permissions/ Permission Sets/ Permission Set/ Lobby Pages

It shows, lobby pages, elements and data sources granted for each permission set and also allows granting those.

Hope this helps

Asanka

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @AsankaGaru 

Thanks for your reply.

That is fine, and is how we are administering access to the lobbies. 

However if I wanted to see ALL permission sets that are granted to a specific lobby, is there a way of doing this in Cloud or via SQL Statement?

The same question may also apply to screen access(projections).

This is required to ensure correct permission setup, and to be able to report to management and SOX/SOD reporting.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I did a simple quick report to view roles that have grants to lobbies. (there could be better ways to do this :) )

If this helps you, it was a quick report of type ‘SQL_statement’.

select REPLACE (PO_ID,'lobbyPage','')as Page_ID, pres_object_api.get_description(PO_ID) as LOBBY, ROLE from PRES_OBJECT_GRANT
where PO_ID Like ('lobbyPage%') order by PO_ID

(I stripped the press object ID off of the text that said it was a lobby page to get this result.)

If you want to analyse who can do what, by using projections,  segregation of duties is the way to go. It would take time to configure, but usually is worth the effort.

Hope this helps

Asanka