Question

Cloud 22R2 - mWO Service - Resource Break Update using BPA

• 14 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

Using BPA, can we start and end the resource break in mWO Service?

I’ve created a Projection in BPA to call the ‘ResourceAvailBreak_StartBreak():Void’ function. When I debug the workflow, it does not evaluate and stops before this process. 

Is there any other approach through which we can start/end breaks for the service resource? Please suggest.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

At the moment BPA workflows are not triggered from MWO transactions. This is something on our roadmap to implement in a future release.

Cheers

James

Badge +12

Thanks @James Ashmore. Is there any other approach through which we can start and end breaks in IFS Cloud like directly updating the entities? Please advice.

Kind Regards
Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You could create a Custom Event and Action to trigger the Workflow to get the desired behavior you are looking for

Cheers

James

Badge +12

Just to add more clarity on the mobile requirement that I’m looking for:

• When an Assignment status goes to ‘Pause’ and if the technician has Breaks available, then we would like to automatically change the Break status to ‘Start Break’.
  • Similarly, when an Assignment status goes to ‘Continue’, we would like to automatically change the Break status to ‘End Break’.

Please let me know if there is any solutions to achieve this scenario.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +12

@Rukmal Fernando @Aaron.Sleight Can you please provide your insights if the above scenario can be achieved through configuration.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia