Question

Checkout and Checkin documents with REST API in Aurena

• 2 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

After testing several suggestion from the community and reading lot of documentation, not all efforts were successful with RESTful document managment.

The creating of a document with REST is working good (as described in sevaral topics here). But checkout and checkin of existing document files seems a little bit tricky.

Example Checkout (main steps):

1. POST: ‘int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/DocumentRevisionHandling.svc/StartFileCheckout’ with payload {"DocClass":"INVOICE","DocNo":"1000004","DocSheet":"1","DocRev":"A1"}
  1. POST: ‘int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/DocumentRevisionHandling.svc/FinishFileCheckoutWithPath’ with payload {"DocClass":"INVOICE","DocNo":"1000004","DocSheet":"1","DocRev":"A1","Path":"C:\\Users\\xxx\\Documents\\IFS","Filename":"rg1.TXT"}

Having a look on the logging during a checkout and checkin there are several steps with the aurena agent. The commands with agentcalls are not initiated by the REST-requests.

Has anyone experience with REST api to check in an checkout document files?

Is there a possibility to control the process by the REST-API or is there a need to put some code to the client javacode?

Please give an example if there is a solution for that.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I think it’s best if this question is asked in the DocMan Knowledge area since this is specific flows in that functional area that needs clarification.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

How can I move it to that section?

Or should I create a separate one?