Question

Character limit in SQL Tool - Apps 8

• 8 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Afternoon all, 

We are hitting an issue in Apps 8 when running longer scripts in the SQL Tool, is anyone aware of how to extend the character limit here?

Many thanks,

Hayley

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Afternoon all, 

We are hitting an issue in Apps 8 when running longer scripts in the SQL Tool, is anyone aware of how to extend the character limit here?

Many thanks,

Hayley

Hi @HayleyG ,

You mean SQL query tool right? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @HayleyG,

You could try to minify the SQL as an alternative.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @HayleyG ,

In IFS Application 8 SP1+ a quick report does have a size limit but I’m not sure about SQL Query.  We hit the size limit several times when developing quick reports on IFS Application 8. We ended up breaking the query up into two or more queries and putting them into an IAL then using a quick report to pull it all together.   I’m told in IFS Application 10 quick report queries can be larger so going forward we may not hit the issue.  We’ll also be trying @dhlelk  suggestion of using  minify if we run into an issue in the future.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

Thanks for the response. I was asking on behalf of one of my colleagues, so I have passed over the information regarding minify and hopefully that will be useful to him.

Thanks,

Hayley

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you minify code in production, I recommend keeping an un-minified version in source control to ensure it can be understood to be changed.