Changes in Base Profile not updating

• 21 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 21 replies

Hi!
I have done a couple of changes, related to moving fields, changing column order etc.
Just normal changes.
I have done this in our TEST environment, but when users log in, those changes has not come thorugh for other users. This happens sometimes, and sometimes not. 

I am aware of the functionally “Clear personal profile”

But, this doesn´t help. So im asking for recommendations on how to solve this.
Do you know other ways of “clearing profiles”. Or maybe something related to cache?

/Albin

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @awe,

Could you please try a server cache refresh.
Also if it’s only few users who cannot see try clearing the cache in their machines. Use the following steps to clear the client cache on each client machine that reports the issue:

1. Clear this folder in order to clear cache  C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
  2.  Open a command prompt and execute the command rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
  3. Download the application again from the URL.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you ensuring the user is logged out of IFS before making the Base profile change?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Maybe a little off topic, but how do you change the base profile without upsetting personal profiles?

Badge +4

@NelsonTchendji  your support is required

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Albin,

It sounds like the users personal profile settings on those pages are taking precedence over the base profile changes. This is normal, because a user should be able to make a change on top of what the base profile contains - however in the cases where the changes are made and the user already has a personal profile entry, the issue is that the base profile changes aren’t visible because personal profile entries already exist!

Obviously clearing personal profiles would work, but is very much a ‘nuke it from orbit’ approach - personally I like to push my specific changes to personal profiles in bulk, to ensure they’re updated.

If you navigate to the Profile page and open your base profile, you can browse to the pages you’ve configured in your base profile and RMB within the tree structure (ie: At the Features level below) and select ‘Copy Values To Profiles’ and then select what personal profiles you want to push these changes to. This also includes several options to ‘Make Exact Copy’, ‘Keep existing entries’ or ‘Replace Existing Entries’ - usually I will do this page by page and replace existing entries to make sure that if I have made a base profile change it will push through, but retain any different things the user may have done that I have not changed within the base profile.

Hope that helps,

Marcus.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all!

Thanks for all the answers. 
@Yasas_AK im not there yet to try your solution, but will definitely take it with me. 

The changes i made in the base profile suddenly went through via “Clearing personal profile”.

@CallumW Correct, i have ensure the user is logged out. 

@Marcus.Dinsdale Thats seems to be good functionality, i will look in to this more next time the issue appear. As i noted before, it seems to have worked out for now with just “clearing personal profile”. But this is to our test environment, so maybe your idea is better to try.

/Albin