Question

Change license for user

• 30 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,
how can I change the license of a user in APP9.
We have reached the limit of full users. So I want to change licences of user to LTU (where we have some licenses left), to use the full user license for others.

How can I change license of a user? Didn´t find a way.

Thanks in advance for help.
BR
Jürgen

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

The user should not have any permission sets other than the LTU permission set assigned to it to consume an LTU license instead of a Full License.

Let’s assume you have three permission sets:

• PURCHASE_REQUISITION_LTU - An LTU Permission Set delivered by IFS
  • HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU - Another LTU Permission Set delivered by IFS
  • PURCHASE_REQ_HANDLING - A custom Permission Set that you have created yourself.

Example:

• User is assigned Permission Set “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” => the user will consume just a single LTU license for LTU “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU”
  • User is assigned Permission Sets “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” and “PURCHASE_REQ_HANDLING” => The user will consume a full license (due to PURCHASE_REQ_HANDLING) but will not consume any LTU licenses (as they are already consuming a full license)
  • User is assigned Permission Sets “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” and “PURCHASE_REQUISITION_LTU” => The user will consume two LTU licenses, one for LTU “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” and one for LTU “PURCHASE_REQUISITION_LTU” but no Full License
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @AEDANDRIAN 

you can’t create a Permission set with LTU licence. IFS creates it for you and you need to import it to IFS. Therefore you need an IFS consultant in this case.

Hi Jonas,
thanks for explaining. Now it is clear.
Now I changed Permission Sets of some users to LTU livence to get some full licenses available,

Best regards
Jürgen