Question

Change license for user

• 30 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,
how can I change the license of a user in APP9.
We have reached the limit of full users. So I want to change licences of user to LTU (where we have some licenses left), to use the full user license for others.

How can I change license of a user? Didn´t find a way.

Thanks in advance for help.
BR
Jürgen

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

The user should not have any permission sets other than the LTU permission set assigned to it to consume an LTU license instead of a Full License.

Let’s assume you have three permission sets:

• PURCHASE_REQUISITION_LTU - An LTU Permission Set delivered by IFS
  • HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU - Another LTU Permission Set delivered by IFS
  • PURCHASE_REQ_HANDLING - A custom Permission Set that you have created yourself.

Example:

• User is assigned Permission Set “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” => the user will consume just a single LTU license for LTU “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU”
  • User is assigned Permission Sets “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” and “PURCHASE_REQ_HANDLING” => The user will consume a full license (due to PURCHASE_REQ_HANDLING) but will not consume any LTU licenses (as they are already consuming a full license)
  • User is assigned Permission Sets “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” and “PURCHASE_REQUISITION_LTU” => The user will consume two LTU licenses, one for LTU “HR_SELF_SERVICE_LTU” and one for LTU “PURCHASE_REQUISITION_LTU” but no Full License

Hi Jonas,
thanks for explaining. Now it is clear.
Now I changed Permission Sets of some users to LTU livence to get some full licenses available,

Best regards
Jürgen

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @AEDANDRIAN 

you can’t create a Permission set with LTU licence. IFS creates it for you and you need to import it to IFS. Therefore you need an IFS consultant in this case.