Solved

Change AD Synchronization User Groups

• 17 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello,

Which Oracle table holds information pertaining to AD User Integration Configuration page in IFS?

My client has different AD User groups (around 30) for their TEST and PROD environments and we would like to update these groups (image below) automatically using a script following a DB clone. 

Manually deleting and re-creating 30 group mappings is time taking.

Alternatively, is there any way to export and re-import the entire Configuration itself? This will make it very easy too.

Our last option is to consolidate the 30 groups into 2-3 groups for TEST and re-add them manually following TEST clone. But hoping one of the above two options are available in IFS.

TIA!

icon

Best answer by dhlelk 17 May 2021, 21:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Srikanth,

Which Oracle table holds information pertaining to AD User Integration Configuration page in IFS?

My client has different AD User groups (around 30) for their TEST and PROD environments and we would like to update these groups (image below) automatically using a script following a DB clone. 

I used the framework debug feature to pick up the Activity API being called when populating the "Active Directory User Integration Configuration" window (Solution Manager\Security\Users\).

There are several tables holding information pertaining to the above window in IFS. You might have some luck if you view all the database objects LIKE 'ad_%'.
Eg: AD_CONFIG_TAB, AD_USER_GROUP_TAB, AD_ATTRIBUTE_DEF_TAB and etc.

However, it seems that the AD_GROUP_MAPPING_TAB table holds the information shown on your screenshot.

Alternatively, is there any way to export and re-import the entire Configuration itself? This will make it very easy too.

Our last option is to consolidate the 30 groups into 2-3 groups for TEST and re-add them manually following TEST clone. But hoping one of the above two options are available in IFS.

Let's wait for some expert opinions for the above questions :blush:

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We are going with the workaround to create a full access AD Group for TEST instance but the above information is helpful. Thank you.