Question

Cannot view External Supplier invoices

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello,

We are using our 3rd party integrator (Pagero) to load supplier invoice in our AP automation.  

The automation send a .pdf file copy of the paper invoice.  The problem is when the invoice is sent and it processes to a manual supplier invoice record, it does not save correctly in our EDM configuration.  We continue to get the following error:

I have also tried entering the following entries in the path and none of them work:

\\ifs-app01\D:\Docs

\\ifs-app01\D$\Docs

\\ifs-app01\D\Docs

The “D” item is the drive designation on the server where we store the documents.  Does anyone have ideas on the cause of this error?  Thanks? Mark

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you proved out that you can create a document revision manually for the document class to that folder location? (ie, without Pagero being included in the loop?)

Just a thought, we see this error occasionally when the file is corrupted on being uploaded to our ftp site.  The Document Revision is created, the file reference is on the Document Revision, and it shows a document is attached, but the file itself is not retrievable.

Establish first it can be done manually and then try to validate the process along the way at each stage.  ie, can you read the file before the supplier invoice is created?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Shawn,

We are not using a FTP site but rather just a local shared folder on the IFS application server.  The file exists and can be viewed in the “attachments” option on the external supplier invoice screen.  There just seems to be a disconnect after the external supplier invoice gets created and posted. I am not sure how to troubleshoot the next steps, do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks, Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Can you retrieve the file from the Document Revision that is getting created when the document is initially attached?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

No, I get the same error message in the Document Revision as seen below:

Do you know where on the server these files are stored/created after a external supplier invoice processed into a Manual Supplier invoice?   Here are out current settings on the EDM basic information:

According to IFS instructions, the path should be the \\servername\drive\folder.  

Thanks!

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The file should be in the same location as given by the error message or as connected to the document revision.  I wouldn’t expect the act of the supplier invoice creation to alter the file path or move the location so I don’t have an explanation for why it is also corrupting the location that is connected to the document revision.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@svrmhuebner Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I am having the same issue.