Solved

Batch queue Configuration and execution plan

• 11 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have performance problems in the execution of background jobs for a customer.

I have already read all the advices regarding the increase of the job queue processes parameter but I would like to know if I could also optimize the frequency the job queue is checking for new jobs to execute.

By default the execution plan is set to 30 seconds but is there a risk to put the queues to 5 or 10 seconds (at least those that do not handle only big jobs) ?

icon

Best answer by Manoj Ruwanhewa 11 October 2021, 12:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I see no reason why you cannot set to say 5/10 secs. The processes element of the queue will dictate if any overlap is allowed (usually not, depending on job type). So from here i would say no risk. Of course dependant on job types.

You could review if the previous jobs are generally completing within the time allowance.

We have touch apps queue at every 5 secs, Our fast queue is every 1 sec (we have two processes on that one). You should review/test your own situation. We all have differing requirements i suppose.

Badge +15

Hi @Fabrice ,

The answers to your question can depend on lots of things, for instance the server hardware specification and the number of database instances on the server. 

Anyway, most of our customers do this

Instead of modifying the execution plan of the Default Queue, it is better to create a new queue that would have the specified jobs in it and give this new queue an execution plan of 5 or 10 seconds.

That is recommended method for "Tuning" the IFS Applications in co-ordination with Oracle "Tuning" for performance.

For more information on batch queue configuration, follow the F1docs.

https://wit.ifsworld.com/F1docs/apps10/Foundation1/040_administration/230_bckgrnd_processing/010_bckgrnd_jobs/115_config_batch_queues/default.htm

If this solves your question, kindly mark it as Best Answer as it will help other members in the community.

Regards

Manoj