Solved

Base Profile blocks loading of cusomised forms

• 20 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

When a customized form is deployed and if the form has some entries in the base profile, the customized form is not loading instead the standard form is getting loaded for the user. The same user if we remove the base profile, the user is able to see the customized form.

The base profile is not getting updated with the Customized form name. It looks like I have do recreate the profile again for all the customized pages.

Is there solution available for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva 

icon

Best answer by pwlm 22 May 2020, 12:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Siva Ganesh M ,

Which version of IFS are you using?

Remember that settings in the Personal Profile take precedence over settings in the Base Profile. Export the users Personal Profile so that you have a backup and then Clear their Personal Profile.

Then check to see if the Base Profile displays the screen(s) layout as you expect.

If it does then you know the issue is with the Personal Profile - you can maybe drill into this profile and identify/fix the conflicting branches/values. Not fun but doable.

Otherwise it could be a Base Profile issue in which case starting again might be quicker than to troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Pete 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Pete,

Thanks for looking in to this.

I am using IFS 10 UPD4. The issue is with the Base Profile only. I have a screen in which the layout was changed to suit customer requirement and maintained in the Base Profile.  The profile values are stored against the screen name ‘frmXXXXX’. 

Lately we customized this screen to add some more real fields & RMB options. The frm name changed to ‘frmXXXXX_Cust’. After deployment, in front end when we open this screen, it automatically opens the customized form ‘frmXXXXX_Cust’. if Base Profiles is attached to the user, it opens the Standard screen frmXXXXX, since the base profiles is not automatically updated with the customized form on deployment.

I am not sure whether it is a missing functionality or we are missing something during customization.

As of now i have found an work around. Exported the base profile and replaced all the entries from frmXXXXX to frmXXXXX_Cust in the XML. Imported back the XML which worked. May be i have to do same thing on Personnel profile also if there is some entries available against individual Users IDs profile. 

Thanks,

Siva

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Pete,

Thanks for looking in to this.

I am using IFS 10 UPD4. The issue is with the Base Profile only. I have a screen in which the layout was changed to suit customer requirement and maintained in the Base Profile.  The profile values are stored against the screen name ‘frmXXXXX’. 

Lately we customized this screen to add some more real fields & RMB options. The frm name changed to ‘frmXXXXX_Cust’. After deployment, in front end when we open this screen, it automatically opens the customized form ‘frmXXXXX_Cust’. if Base Profiles is attached to the user, it opens the Standard screen frmXXXXX, since the base profiles is not automatically updated with the customized form on deployment.

I am not sure whether it is a missing functionality or we are missing something during customization.

As of now i have found an work around. Exported the base profile and replaced all the entries from frmXXXXX to frmXXXXX_Cust in the XML. Imported back the XML which worked. May be i have to do same thing on Personnel profile also if there is some entries available against individual Users IDs profile. 

Thanks,

Siva

That is probably what I would have done @Siva Ganesh M!

Find and replace on Base and Personal Profiles - though I try to make sure that all important settings/layouts/etc are done in the Base Profile so that (if necessary) I can clear the users Personal Profile.

Or alternatively Delete Branches for non-”_Cust” form then edit the Base/Personal Profile accordingly.

All the best,

Pete