Solved

Backup base profiles

• 11 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Is there a way to back up the base profiles? We’d like to automatically back them up every day and then keep the backups for a seven days. I’m sure I can figure out the rolling seven days piece if I could figure out how to back them up in the first place. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 12 May 2021, 17:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There is a function link from the Solution Manager > User Interface > User Profiles > New Base Profile view for Export to File. 

From the Solution Manager > User Interface > User Profiles overview, you can also select multiple profiles and RMB to Export Profiles.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @KKSloane ,

Please check the screen print which explains how to export the base profile.

Best regards,

Darshana

I know about that way, but that’s not what I want. I want an automated way to do it every night. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @KKSloane ,

You could use RMAN to automatically backup your database each night which would provide you with a database back and you’ll have a backup of the base profiles since they are stored in the database.  RMAN is also used to restore the backups and it’s granular so you do not have to restore everything you can restore only what you need to restore.

Regards,

William Klotz

@william.klotz , what tables hold the information? I couldn’t figure that out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @KKSloane ,

The below information is from IFS Application 10 Update 8 which is what we are currently using.

There are two views used to retrieve the information.

1. CLIENT_PROFILE
  2. CLIENT_PROFILE_VALUE

Looking at the queries behind each of the views I see they use these tables.

1. FNDRR_CLIENT_PROFILE_TAB
  2. FNDRR_CLIENT_PROFILE_VALUE_TAB

Those tables seem to hold all the information with respect to the base profiles and personnel profiles of users.

The CLIENT_PROFILE query is below.  I believe if the OWNER field is empty it means its a base profile.

SELECT
profile_id profile_id,
profile_name profile_name,
default_profile default_profile,
owner owner,
modified_by modified_by,
modified_date modified_date,
creator creator,
date_created date_created,
created_by created_by,
created_date created_date,
rowkey objkey,
to_char(rowversion) objversion,
rowid objid
FROM fndrr_client_profile_tab;

The CLIENT_PROFILE_VALUE query is below.

SELECT
profile_id profile_id,
profile_section profile_section,
profile_entry profile_entry,
profile_value profile_value,
profile_binary_value profile_binary_value,
category category,
override_allowed override_allowed,
modified_date modified_date,
User_Prof_Bin_Val_Type_API.Decode(binary_value_type) binary_value_type,
binary_value_type binary_value_type_db,
to_char(rowversion) objversion,
rowid objid
FROM fndrr_client_profile_value_tab;

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I know about that way, but that’s not what I want. I want an automated way to do it every night. 

To my knowledge, there is no option in IEE for this. But we can configure a custom event to fulfill your requirement.

Need to analyze the method it executes when it exports manually as mentioned before. After we can configure an event action trigger in a given time.

Please note- This just one way to fulfill the requirement as I guess there is no default automated option in the IEE.

@Darshana Herath , thanks, I know how to do that. I just needed to know the tables. :)