Question

Background Job Error

• 13 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Pur_Ord_Notification_API.Refresh_Markdowns is a non existing procedure.

If I check the Pur_Ord_Notification_API I cannot find any reference even though this exists in the Batch Queue Configuration.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Which version of IFS, and have you upgraded recently?

This procedure does not exist in the standard deployment in IFS Apps 10.  It may have existed in an earlier incarnation of that API.  

If you don’t know anything more about it, you can probably disable the scheduled task that is generating these background jobs.  Then see if anyone gets upset :relaxed:

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Copying from a registered case in IFS Life Cycle Support:

This Background job is triggered by the Event ID ‘PURCHASE_ORDER_CHANGED’ which is a NotifyMe app related event.

This reported issues is a known issue and already reported to RnD with solution Id 283137.

Issue will be corrected and delivered in UPD 9 which is planned on end of August.

RnD has provided a workaround for this. Please try the below workaround and send us your feedback.

Workaround:

The issue can be solved by changing the Event Action call to:

BEGIN

Transaction_SYS.Deferred_Call('Pur_Ord_Notification_API.Update_Notifications', 'Purchase_Order_API.Get_By_Rowkey(''&NEW:ROWKEY'').order_no', 'Notify Me - Update Purchase Order notifications.');

END;

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Well quoted, we have quite similar ID:s  :grinning:
Pasting the direct link:
LCS Solution: 283137

Cheers
Tommy

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ToBeNL Will this work for IFS APPS 10 UPD 8 too?

Thanks

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi John,

You mean the workaround? I haven't tested it but I think this error was only recently introduced - probably with 10U8 - and will be fixed in 10U9, so the answer would be yes.

Best regards,

Toine

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi John,

You mean the workaround? I haven't tested it but I think this error was only recently introduced - probably with 10U8 - and will be fixed in 10U9, so the answer would be yes.

Best regards,

Toine

Correct.

Cheers
Tommy​​​​​​​

Badge +4

Hi All,

This case still happened in IFS10 UPD 16. Any concrete solution for this case? As it keeps running causing so many unresolved errors.

Cheers,

Sutoto