Solved

Aurena Scan IT Error

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi all,

One of our customer gets this kind of error from time to time while they doing WADACO things using aurena scan it 10.

when i checked Touch apps server TASTrace log I can see below errors. Is anyone know what are those errors and where it occurs? is there a specific location to check?   these Tracelog file errors are related to the ORA-20114 session corrupted error mentioned in the image?

Here I also  attached full error text file

Please Kindly check on this

Thank You

Sara

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 9 March 2023, 14:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sara19 

I don’t know much about the Touch App Server, but as I remember a year ago I think the TAS team where investigating some similar issues for some customers, I don’t know what those resulted in.

But from a ScanIt mobile app and wadaco perspective I can say that client and server code are very sensitive to timeouts between the server and client if there is like a 30-60 seconds delay then they could become out of sync and I guess errors like that could happen. Was there a performance issue for certain process around certain items in the process or when it was suppose to be executed/confirmed? Then it could be performance issue that causes the timeout. You could for example look at the data capture session client for a session that this happens to and look if there is some delay happening inside that session,  you cant really see the delay if it happens during the execution phase in there.

You can try and run the exact same process from the IEE client or the Aurena web client to see if there is any noticeable performance issue also, those 2 clients are not that sensitive to timeouts like the mobile apps are.

Badge +5

Hi @Dario Zani ,

I got your points. Thank You. I have some things to clarify, if you know anything please give your comments.

There was no performance issue for certain processes or items. but users get below errors from time to time while they doing wadaco processes.

Ex:

• when doing transport task and clicking lov or scanning it can lag and then go blank
  • Suddenly White screen appears  when doing steps(see below image)

Most of time restarting touch app server makes these issues solve. but we cannot do it every day. so I'm searching for a reason why this kind of error happens from time to time. need a permanent solution for this one. Do you know anything about this or any guide to avoiding this kind of errors?

Thank You

Sara

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hej Sara,

Sorry my knowledge about the Touch Apps server is zero, I mainly work with wadaco itself. So is this mostly happening when running the Transport Task process or can it happen for other processes also?

Since I don’t think the transport task process usually have much performance issues what I know about. The From Location No LOV  from your picture should have very small number of possible records I would guess so that LOV should not have any performance issue either. Your examples points to some sync issue between the client and the server I would guess.

Which app are they using here? It looks like it is the IFS Aurena Scan It 10, you know there is another android app that is older and more stable, IFS Apps 10 Scan It.

It requires IFS account manager to be installed and used to login which is the only downside with that app compared the to Aurena one, but its more stable and have been around since the beginning, while the Aurena app is still very new have some issues and limitations compared to the old app. Both are using TAS in a similar way I think.

I usually recommend the old app if you are on Apps10 track for those reasons. I don’t think the old app have similar issues with TAS.

Could be worth testing the other app, to see if the issues persists or not.