Solved

Aurena Quick Report Requires DEFINE SQL System Privilege

• 6 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I have deployed a new Quick Report in our environment and when users try to run this report from Aurena they get an error message stating that they need the DEFINE SQL system privilege.  Do they truly need this permission?  This was never required in IEE and I do not want to give users system privileges unless absolutely necessary.  

Thanks

icon

Best answer by knepiosko 6 February 2023, 16:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

As I know it was required in IFS10 version. Do You know which permission sets have You granted in IFS 10 version?

Badge +1

I have granted the quick report’s presentation object to the user’s permission set.  

I don’t remember granting DEFINE SQL for users in the past, but I could be wrong.  I would like some confirmation that this is actually required for running (not defining new) quick reports.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Maybe You granted DEFINE SQL indirectly by any default permission set without knowing this, eq: FND_ADMIN.

Badge +1

To be clear, this is my question:

For IFS Aurena, do end users require the system privilege DEFINE SQL to run SQL quick reports. (Not to define new ones)

I do not want to grant them this permission if it is not required.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Please do this->

Grant select on your_view_name TO public ;

commit;

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SAARBISHOP ,

We are using IFS Application 10 IEE and Aurena and we do not grant DEFINE SQL to users in order to execute quick reports.  If you’ve created SQL directly in the quick report maybe consider moving the code into a custom VIEW and granting access to the view to public then changing the quick report to utilize the view.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Which update is it? Look at solution: 295830

Badge +1

Which update is it? Look at solution: 295830

We’re on update 12.  Looking at the bug reports now.  Appears that UPD 14 should resolve this.  Thanks!