Question

Aurena native scan it SSO login

• 2 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Looking for information on other projects using scan it with SSO login.

We have enabled SSO login with IAM client to AD FS server at customer site.
When they use this on Scan It from iPhone device (clicking the blue button) they get prompted to enter credentials.
If they do it again, they get prompted for credentials again. Is there a way where it can “keep” the credentials so that it does not require you to re-enter your credentials? Similar to how it works on a laptop and SSO sign in?

Also, is there anyone having experience using Mobile Device management through company? Like Xen Mobile, mbm etc for app distribution. If so, which type and is it working ok for you?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We use ScanIt with Apps10 and SSO for WADACO using Android devices.  Works fine for us and we do not see what you are seeing.  Makes me wonder if there is something locked down on your handheld devices.

For us the problem was that we wanted a way to enforce re-login or switch the user but it didn’t exist so we have scanner-specific SSO accounts now.

HTH,

Nick

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@NickPorter Hi Nick, thanks for your reply. Are you using Aurena Native, or the “old” apps10 app for Scan it, with the Account Manager app as well? Have you tested only on Android, or have you tried out iOS as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The Apps10 App with the Account Manager.  I didn’t even know that ScanIT existed for iPhone/iOS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The Apps10 App with the Account Manager.  I didn’t even know that ScanIT existed for iPhone/iOS.

You are using the old android app, there is the newer IFS Aurena Scan It 10 App that also have “sister apps” for iOS and Windows (not windows mobile). It uses the new Aurena mobile native FW.

Note that the older app is still a bit more stabile and the newer app have some limitations compared to the old app (like no search/filter inside LOV and you cannot have several Force LOV after each other).