Solved

Aurena - Expand columns to shows multi line records in tables

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I was wondering if there was a way to display the whole record of a column if it has multiple lines in table in Aurena?

For example, in IEE we have a large field that can display multiple lines:

In Aurena. it is set up as a table and I can’t seem to find a way to expand the column to view the whole record:

I noticed that if you hover over a regular field and it exceeds the size of the box, there is a pop up that displays that whole record and I am wondering if there is a way to do that with the table view:

icon

Best answer by jamie.malangyaon 5 May 2022, 22:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

It doesn’t seem that there is a way to get the pop up to show up similar to a regular field but I was advised to enable the multiline option when editing the field in Page Designer. This creates a button beside the record that will trigger a pop up to show the whole text field:

The icon that is added after enabling the Multiline. Once clicked, there will be a pop up that displays the full text.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @jamie.malangyaon

Have you ever encountered that multiline button not working? Its not a permission issue but one user is encountering this and I cannot figure out why when everyone else can access it fine. We’ve tried on a different computer/browser, we gave them full permissions, etc but nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @bdoucette,

Hmm, we haven’t encountered the issue where 1 user is unable to use the button.​​​​​​ Is the user able to see the button? If so, do they get an error or does nothing happen?

Thanks,
Jamie M.