Question

Assign rights to Company or Sites via Permission Set

• 7 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is it possible to give access to a Company or Site using Permission Sets instead of individually in the User’s settings?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, it is done by user only.

Here are some similar threads

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Carus_RGladhill 

The company I am working for right got bought out, and the company split in two. They do not want to access each other data anymore. This is because our IFS permissions are set up globally in our company, and any small change in any EU roles will affect people from both companies. So I removed the access from the company and site each other, which fixed the access between companies. However, one of the companies chose to join another ERP, and they wanted to keep the IFS access (View Only) kind of like LegacyData.

I was looking to see if IFS had a global permission per site or company that I could use and switch everyone to be read-only. Unfortunately, there is no such thing. However, people like @ShawnBerk and others in the IFS community advised me to create a custom event to block the user from saving if they try to update any fields.

Please, see the code from @dsj in post, it will help too.

I created something like this

DECLARE
CONTRACT_   VARCHAR2(100)    :=  '&OLD:CONTRACT';
CONTRACT__  VARCHAR2(100)   :=  '&NEW:CONTRACT';

BEGIN
  FOR REC IN GET_USER_NAME LOOP
            IF CONTRACT_ = 'WWWW' THEN
                   Error_Sys.Record_General('***NO ALLOW TO DO CHANGES AT THE SITE XXXXX *** READ ONLY ACCESS*** ',' Please, communicate with XXXXX if you have any questions.');
            END IF;
            IF CONTRACT__ = 'WWWW' THEN
                   Error_Sys.Record_General('***NO ALLOW TO DO CHANGES AT THE SITE XXXXX *** READ ONLY ACCESS***' ,' Please, communicate with XXXXXX if you have any questions.');
            END IF;
  END LOOP;
END; 

Well, if you find a better way, please share with the community.

The best solution for this is to create the EU roles separate per company and about the sharing EU between companies or IFS find a way to create a permission set to allow a single site to change globally.

I hope this help :-)

Thanks,

JL