Question

Apps9 TimeTracker mobile app question

• 9 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We’re looking to set up and use TouchApps in our Apps9 environment, and have managed to get several of them working OK using iOS devices.

That said, I have a problem with the TimeTracker app where it errors when trying to sync during login.  It just keeps looping with the green sync running followed by this error.

I’m not sure if this is related to security - there is no permission set script that can be generated from the TAS server - or if this is something else.  

Can anyone provide any guidance or point me to some documentation I might be missing?

Thanks,

Nick

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

From the Solution Manager / TouchApps / Logs area it looks like a call is being made during login or the initial sync to a procedure or function that we do not have in the system,  namely: COMPANY_PERSON_API.IS_EMP_ACTIVE_PERIOD

Anyone have any idea if this is a bug or something strange?  We do have TIMMAN and TIMREP and use both in our system, it is only the TimeTracker mobile app that is a problem.

Thanks,

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi - I recall seeing something similar. What UPD on Apps9 are you on?

At the time we were on up4 and im sure it needed up6 (or the patch)

I am pretty sure we got a patch (maybe even two) for this. 

David.

Userlevel 7

As @david.harmer mentions you will need at least Upd6, or you can apply three separate patches - 133363 , 130584 and 132023, all of which are pure database changes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thanks @david.harmer , @anmise .

We are on UPD6 already.  Would those patches still need to be applied or should we therefore have them already?

Thanks,

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I would log a case with support, worst case they will check for the missing objects and if needed will deliver the patches. As @anmise indicated these are DB only patches so low risk. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks @david.harmer , @anmise .

We are on UPD6 already.  Would those patches still need to be applied or should we therefore have them already?

Thanks,

Nick

They should’ve all been included, in fact only 133363 was part of Upd6, the others Upd4 and 5. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

What is the version of Time Tracker enabled in the TAS server? There must be a permission grant script (example from version 1.4.0 is attached).

Yes, Company_Person_API.Is_Emp_Active_Period is required to be present in the system as this is used by the app to determine the Employee Number. If this isn’t available, then it’s an issue with the PERSON component.