Question

Apps9 Presentation object scan issue

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

When I am trying to scan pres objects for reports in my IFS Application 9, I am always facing this issue.

Presentation Object Scanning issue

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Have you ensured that all required files are available in the specified directory and that AssemblyInfo.cs for the project is available (AssemblyInfo.cs contains information about your assembly, like name, description, version, etc. You can find more details about its content reading the comments that are included in it. If you delete it, your assembly will be compiled without information, i.e., in the Details tab of the file properties you will see no name, no description, version etc.). 

Go to your Project Properties, the Application tab, and click the Assembly Information button. That's what is usually stored in AssemblyInfo.cs. So error message mentions that it is necessary.

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Have you ensured that all required files are available in the specified directory and that AssemblyInfo.cs for the project is available (AssemblyInfo.cs contains information about your assembly, like name, description, version, etc. You can find more details about its content reading the comments that are included in it. If you delete it, your assembly will be compiled without information, i.e., in the Details tab of the file properties you will see no name, no description, version etc.). 

Go to your Project Properties, the Application tab, and click the Assembly Information button. That's what is usually stored in AssemblyInfo.cs. So error message mentions that it is necessary.

Best Regards,
Yasas

But in order to scan only for reports do we really need the assemblyinfo.cs, as the same thing works in one other environment and it does not give the issue.

For this specific env, this issues is thrown. So I want to understand why in this environment this issue is thrown.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Best Regards,
Yasas

But in order to scan only for reports do we really need the assemblyinfo.cs, as the same thing works in one other environment and it does not give the issue.

For this specific env, this issues is thrown. So I want to understand why in this environment this issue is thrown.

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Yes, you are correct.
From App9 onwards it's not necessary to add the AssemblyInfo.cs files to the Source File List.

But however, could you try adding the relevant AssemblyInfo.cs files from the buildhome and check if you are getting the same error?

In your case it's the Accrul component.
Remove all files in the current source list and add the below files,
<<Build_Home>>\source\accrul\client\Ifs.Application.Accrul\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs
<<Build_Home>>\source\accrul\client\Ifs.Application.Accrul_\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs

Further, if you have Ext or Cust assemblies for Accrul component, then you can try adding them and scanning for each layer separately.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Best Regards,
Yasas

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Yes, you are correct.
From App9 onwards it's not necessary to add the AssemblyInfo.cs files to the Source File List.

But however, could you try adding the relevant AssemblyInfo.cs files from the buildhome and check if you are getting the same error?

In your case it's the Accrul component.
Remove all files in the current source list and add the below files,
<<Build_Home>>\source\accrul\client\Ifs.Application.Accrul\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs
<<Build_Home>>\source\accrul\client\Ifs.Application.Accrul_\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs

Further, if you have Ext or Cust assemblies for Accrul component, then you can try adding them and scanning for each layer separately.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Hello Dhanajay,

I tried to put AssemblyInfo.cs file, but still no solution to it. As it is at customer side hence also please note they will not have access to this file at their end.

What can be the issue here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Envdebjyb,

It's not recommended to carry out presentation object scanning in the Customer Production environment.

Ideally the exported Pres Object file should be merged with the harvest file and then it should be deployed via a delivery using the IFS installer.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.