Question

APPS9 - How can I stop application messages looping??

• 18 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have an urgent issue where application messages are stuck at processing - which appears to be filling the archive logs.

Everytime i try to stop the job i receive an error message informing me that the ‘application message object has been locked by another user’.

Any ideas??

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

This is for resolving a similar issue in APPS8 (linux) - Messages stuck ‘Processing’

If a message in a queue is stuck in status ‘Processing’, try restarting the batch process (batchserver1.sh restart).  If that does not work, move the stuck message to the ERROR queue and restart batch again. Be sure to check the queue-name.log in /opt/ifs/<SID>/instance/<SID>/logs/batchserver for additional errors.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, I did try both of those without success. Each time I attempted to move the jobs to the error queue prevented me saying the application object was in use.

We restarted the batch server, but that just went into a loop again when it restarted.

Luckily a DBA managed to find the SQL that was causing the loop so we could identify which process to stop.

Perhaps he used the logs you suggest so will dig further!

For now, problem is resolved :)