Question

Apps9 Event no longer appears to work

• 6 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All,

My guru on events is on holiday this week so I'm hoping you lovely lot will be able to help me.

We have an event that fires when a shipment is closed and the shipment type is a specific type, its a simple e-mail asking for the invoice to be printed. This has been working for a couple of months now but appears to not be working today.

I've checked the shipment, customer order and customer and I can not see a reason why the event would not have triggered. I have looked in background jobs and there are no errors. Event is also still enabled.

Where else can I look to try and see why this event is not triggering please?

Thanks for your help

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Try enabling and disabling the event. That might help. If that doesn't you would need to check whether the underlying database trigger is disabled or have any other issue. Basically, creating a trigger would create a database table trigger and that is what execute upon the table record change. 

It might also worth checking whether you get a stuck or failed application message for the email. Its normally an application message that creates and send the email.

Userlevel 7

Hi All,

My guru on events is on holiday this week so I'm hoping you lovely lot will be able to help me.

We have an event that fires when a shipment is closed and the shipment type is a specific type, its a simple e-mail asking for the invoice to be printed. This has been working for a couple of months now but appears to not be working today.

I've checked the shipment, customer order and customer and I can not see a reason why the event would not have triggered. I have looked in background jobs and there are no errors. Event is also still enabled.

Where else can I look to try and see why this event is not triggering please?

Thanks for your help

Are you getting other emails? Do you have any failed e-mail messages in IFS Connect? 

Is the shipment type still set to execute/process online? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you @Rusiru  and @anmise , all those places are saying the message has gone no errors, in status Finished. I think we might have an issue external to IFS. Thanks for all your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@sholmes You can see the application message details in above notification queue. Things such as the message body/sender/receiver etc. You can see that info (may be with some additional) in FNDCN_MESSAGE_BODY_TAB as well.

I guess your setup is, you have a custom event & an email type event action which has a condition of shipment is closed and the shipment type is a specific type.

I hope you have traced the correct application message in Notification queue. But just to get confirm & narrow down the issue:

First to see whether database trigger of the event is working correctly, you can use a different type of event action. My suggestion is to add a Execute Online SQL type action with no conditions on it. Add a PLSQL block which raises an error using Error_SYS. If the event is triggered correctly, you will see the error message when flow is run (& the DML on the table is rolled back).

If the above is fine, then add your actual conditions to this new event actions & run the flow again. If the error still fires, then the condition you are using also working fine.

If that is the case, then the problem with your email type action could highly be related to email contents. Things like Receiver Email incorrect/ Receiver Email exchange issues / etc.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

First, try to give a different output other than sending an email to confirm this is not an issue with the custom event (trigger). If another output type (Error message, etc) works then we can check if there is an issue with emails.

/Roshanga