Question

Apps9 background jobs stopped executing

• 19 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Urgent Help Required,

Where do I start to look to try and find out why our background jobs in Apps9 have stopped auto executing - they are being posted but only start when we are manually executing them. If I manually execute them they run no issues. The individual who had this knowledge has left the business and this isn’t documented anywhere.

Thanks for any help, Sarah

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Please check value of oracle database parameter job_queue_processes. It should be higher than 0. Default Oracle value is 1000.

Do You faced problems with delivery installations last time(eq. terminated unexpectly or something like that)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

hi @knepiosko I can not see the job_queue_processes in system parameters, am I looking in the correct place?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Not here. Try from Application Monitoring Console(Number of Oracle queue processes ) or just by sql query:

select * from v$parameter where name = ‘job_queue_processes’.

Piotr

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @knepiosko , checked that and they are not modified and result is value is greater than 0

The database Processes in Solution Manager - Background processing - Background Jobs - Database Processes have been stopped and restarted in an attempt to sort but this hasn’t helped - any other suggestions much appreciated

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If Oracle job_queue_processes parameter is > 0, run the following script to re-enable IFS Batch Processing as App Owner user:

exec install_tem_sys.enable_scheduler_processes;

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Srikanth 

Thanks for this, we have in the UI on the batch queue configuration Initiated all batch queues.

From this the database processes are now not running by the looks of the below - help very much appreciated

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi, Can I have more background regarding the changes done in the affected IFS 9 environment leading up to this issue?
How are you checking whether job_queue_processes is set to a non-zero value? Can you please provide a screenshot?