Solved

Apps10 - QR Code for Inventory Barcodes

• 7 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

I’m wondering if anyone has managed to generate QR codes to be scanned via a zebra handheld? My preference would be to use Crystal Reports (Report def: Inventory_Part_Barcode_Rep) which when printed would create the QR code with some additional basic data (Part no etc).

I’ve looked through the community and haven’t seen anyone create any guides or best practices on how to implement QR codes within Crystal.

The potential method I can see is using IDAutomation however, I didn’t know if there’s any alternative or a guide to follow?

We currently have access to IFS Report Designer and Crystal Reports 2016 which we can use to create 2d barcodes however, realistically I’d like to generate a QR code using GS-1 Barcode Parameters.

E.g. similar to below however, instead using a QR code.

Thanks all

icon

Best answer by RyanK 14 September 2023, 11:25

View original

1 reply

Badge +3

If anyone wants to complete similar, follow below steps.

I got this working by utilising the IDAutomation tool below; 

https://www.idautomation.com/barcode-components/native-crystal-reports-generator/user-manual/

After purchasing the QR CODE (IDA102) I imported the element that was embedded in to a prebuilt report. After amending the formula within field to use GS-1 formula field I created (Concatenation of multiple IFS Fields) the output was as required.

Steps to complete

1. Purchase a license from ID Automation
  2. Copy over the prebuilt element within the report they supply
  3. Amend the element to use any data fields you require. In my instance this was a prebuilt formula field
  4. Run the report to ensure the element actually created a QR code
  5. Amend the font type the new element uses to; Lucida Console
  6. Ensure size of the font is between 3-5 for usage with thermal printers
  7. Insert report in to Report Definitions and printed this to ensure the QR code.
  8. Scan using a barcode scanning tool such as WaDaCo.

There’s also a helpful user manual above that’ll also assist in understanding the steps that’re required.

Example output;

IDAutomation - IFS Crystal Reports

Thanks