Solved

Apps10 create_backup option status of Extended Server

• 27 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi IFS Community

This is Andrés Palacios  from Ifs Spain.

Perhaps somebody from technology can respond me in quick way

When we use this options of Apps 10 create_backup -clone -update or create_backup -clone or create_backup. Must it be the extended server stopped or we can run these option with the extended server running in a normal way?.

I always run with the extended server stopped to have more security…is it possible in other way?.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Ragaventhan Sathananda 27 July 2021, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You can run these options whilst the Application Instance is running. Dont need to stop any servers/services. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Andres Palacios 

I agree with @Srikanth but I need to add few points on the activity. The transaction you do in the application once you start the backup process won’t reflect on the backup you get. The backup will consist data just before the backup start time. 

Also you need to make sure that the application server has enough infrastructure level resources in order to run the backup while system is online because when running the backup in the background if the Server CPU or Memory hits high you might get performance drop for the front end users who are using the application at that time. Please make sure you consider mentioned facts when running the backup online.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Ragaventhan Sathananda :

For my edification purposes, what ‘data’ are you talking about?

As far as I know, the application instance only holds configuration information like DB connection info, settings to run the MW instance etc and this shouldn’t affect the overall backup or when the backup is taken. Anything else that affects when you invoke an Application backup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Srikanth,

Correct as you mentioned application backup consist client files and configurations. In case if you make any changes in those (which is not a normal case), the changes you made after you run the backup wont be reflect in it. I mentioned it for an additional information as it wont be a normal case because we don’t do configuration changes in the application regularly unless you encounter any high end/critical issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Good to know, thanks!