Solved

APPS 10 - password functions

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi.  I’m having trouble adding my user defined password function to oracle profiles.  I have the function compiled under SYS with no errors, but when I try to add this function to my oracle profile, I get an error indicating that the function cannot be found.

Are there any specific grants that have to be done to get these functions seen by IFSAPP?

icon

Best answer by Hypervox 21 June 2023, 16:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

There are prerequisites to get such function available to be used in an Oracle profile.

1. Should be an Oracle stored function
  2. Accept username (varchar2), password (varchar2) as well as the old_password(varchar2), and returns boolean.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18

It is odd you’re unable to point your profiles to the function created in SYS schema. Can you make sure there is no typo in the function name? Also verify if you can browse to the function you created using a DB tool like TOAD or SQL Developer?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

So, I’ve now recreated my function by copying the ora12c_strong_verify_function.  I can see it in the SQL developer window…

But when I try and select any of the new functions, I can’t save the oracle profile as IFS reports that the function does not exist, but it WILL work for the ORA12C functions.  I’ve tried refreshing the cache, but it’s still not found after a successful refresh.  I’ve tried copying the function name and pasting that into the oracle profile window to eliminate spelling issues too. 

Any thoughts anyone?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Ok - I’ve figured it out.  You have to grant execute privilage to public for the function - in my case for example…

GRANT EXECUTE on CML_OFFICE_SENSITIVE_DATA TO PUBLIC;