Solved

Application configuration package (ACP) repository

• 10 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 2 replies

Hi all 👋

As I'm new to the IFS delivery process, I've been trying to document myself to the best of my ability.

The problem I'm facing is as follows:

When configuring IFS (via the native cloud webpage) you can export ACPs. These ACPs should reside in <component>/server/appconfig or <component>/nobuild/appconfig as per the documentation here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/020_lifecycle/035_configuration_management/#overview

ACP location according to documentation

However, what if the APC contains more than one custom entity belonging to 2 or more different modules?

Let's say I have an ACP that adds a custom field in the CustomerInfo entity (enterp module) and another custom field in the FooterField entity (accrul module).

How should I store the ACP in the git repository? Do I need to split the custom fields into 2 different ACPs?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

icon

Best answer by Kasun Alahakoon 10 October 2023, 16:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Colin

Although there is no technical limitation, it is best practice to separate configurations based on component/module. For example, if you have two custom fields resides in different components, you should ideally have two separate configuration files.